Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
February 29th, 1-3:30pm
2.5 contact hours YACEP option available
This 2.5-hour workshop will include a deep asana practice followed by a discussion of Yoga Philosophy. The term “yoga” translates as “union” and its ultimate purpose is to still the fluctuations of the mind so that we can connect to our true nature.
We are honored to have Connie Raley, RYT-500, E-RYT-200, lead this workshop. She is a graduate from the YogaWorks teacher training program in the Los Angeles area. She has been teaching since 2013 and has held the practice within for more than two decades. She has recognized through her own practice the necessity to build both strength and flexibility for the overall health and balance of the body, and how deeply that work penetrates layers beyond the physical. This workshop will focus specifically on those tenants of Yoga that have had the most impact in Connie’s life.
Discussion will include:
- Portions of two ancient texts: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita;
- The meaning of OM and the significance of its symbol;
- The different aspects of the mind and how they affect us;
- Purusha and Prakriti, our spiritual nature and our physical nature;
- Pratyahara, withdrawal of the senses; Dharana, concentration; and
- The concept of Abhyasa/Vairagya as related to the practice of effort/ease.
Who is this workshop for?
- Serious students looking for a deeper (connection to their true nature) dive into the meaning of yoga beyond the physical practice.
- Curious students who just want more knowledge.
- Yoga teachers who are looking for Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance (YACEP).
We are incredibly excited to be offering this workshop and have someone with Connie’s experience lead it. The physical practice will be vigorous and some experience in yoga will be helpful. However, beginners are welcome.
This workshop is non-refundable, but your pass is transferrable to another student. You can create an account, purchase a pass, and register on punchpass for the workshop here: https://loft-yoga.punchpass.com/classes/4995785
$35 for regular students please pay here: https://loft-yoga.punchpass.com/passes/66987
$65 for YACEP credits (2.5 contact hours ) please pay here: https://loft-yoga.punchpass.com/passes/75929
If you have any problems registering or any questions, please text or call: 954-288-2165.